- To assist in ensuring that all crews report to duty as required i.e. they report on time, well attired in full clean uniforms;
- To make random inspection of passenger tickets to ensure that they have valid tickets, Card/Free passes or vouchers etc., commensurate with the class of travel;
- To assist in monitoring early marshalling of the train and boarding of passengers;
- To assist in monitoring loading/offloading of parcels and luggage at intermediate and depot stations with the objective of reducing unnecessary long train dwell time;
- To liaise with responsible Station Masters and respective District Control Officers for the provision of relief locomotive(s) in the event of engine failures en-route and also at originating stations; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisors
Diploma either in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Accountancy, Business Administration majoring in Marketing, Entrepreneurship or Accountancy or equivalent qualifications from recognised Institutions. Successful candidates will be required to attend Train Guard Certificate course from TIRTEC. Computer literacy is mandatory.
Renumeration: TRCS 3