POST CATEGORY: FARMING AND AGRIBUSINESS
The Livestock Training Agency (LITA) is an Executive Agency established on 1st September 2011 under Executive Agency Act No. 30 of 1997 and its Amendments Cap 245 of year 2007.
LITA carries the functions which were performed by Directorate of Research, Training and Extension under by then the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development.
LITA is mandated to conduct Livestock training, production applied research and consultancy services in the areas of Animal Health and Production. Currently, LITA is managing eight (8) outpost Campuses namely Tengeru, Mpwapwa, Morogoro, Madaba, Buhuri, Temeke, Mabuki and Kikulula with capacity of 2,600 students per year. In order to perform its mandated functions the Chief Executive Officer is assisted by the three Directors and two heads of Units; Director of production, Director of Business support, Director of Training, Research and Consultancy, Head of Internal unit and Head of Procurement management Unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing Livestock Care;
- Preparing livestock production reports;
- Managing livestock grazing on Agency campuses;
- Managing Veterinary Health and preparing daily reports;
- Managing the processing of livestock products sales;
- Supervising Calf Care;
- Supervise the construction and sanitation of Livestock sheds;
- Supervise grazing production and conservation;
- Prepare requirements for practical training; and
- To perform other functions assigned to them by the officers.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Animal Health and Production from any Government recognized college and be registered with the Tanzania Veterans Council. Have a pass rate of at least a second second grade from GPA 3.5 onwards.