Geita Gold mine job vacancies 2022:- [Nafasi za Ajira Geita Gold Mine]
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is the leading producer of gold in Tanzania with a single operation in the Geita region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, on four continents. The mine is located in the golden fields of Lake Victoria in northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km from the city of Mwanza and 20 km southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company’s head office is located in Geeta, just 5 kilometers west of the fast-growing city of Geeta, and a support office is in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, dynamic and performance driven individuals to fill the vacant position(s) listed below:
- Position: Operator 1 – Equipment
- Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
- Department: Process Plant
- R Reporting to: Senior Supervisor Milling
- Number of Positions: Nineteen (19)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to operate the processing plant and associated equipment in a safe, productive, and efficient manner, to maximize plant performance without effecting the environment or health and safety of personnel. The processing operators will be involved in all aspects of mineral processing, including sampling and sample submission. Cardinal is that the incumbent will work in teams, and shift work is involved.
• At least a Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
• Employees must have sufficient education to read and write instructions, perform simple mathematical calculations, and keep records.
• Possession of Certificate or Diploma in Minerals Processing will be an added advantage if any.
• Computer literacy will be added advantage
• Previous operating experience in a mineral processing environment, preferably gold will be added advantage.
• General background in crushing, milling and/or processing preferred.
• Exposure to gold mining industry
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GGM and ensures that the vital behaviours are always adhered to.
- Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct hazards.
- Operates, inspects, and monitors (regular sampling and measurement) all processing plant equipment relating to crushing, grinding and gravity, leach, and adsorption (CIL), elution, regeneration kiln and reagents to achieve the highest possible ore recovery.
- Identifying and diagnosing, where possible, items of the plant that require preventative maintenance or repair.
- Clear blockages in materials-handling and transporting equipment • Clean, wash and maintain plant, equipment, and auxiliary systems
- Monitor the operation of plant and equipment and ensure the safety of other workers.
- Ensuring production activities achieve maximum effective use of the plant and equipment by continual monitoring.
- Assisting in the development of competencies of other employees were directed
- Immediately report equipment faults to prevent further deterioration.
- Safely isolate processing equipment for planned or unplanned shutdowns
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Proficiency English speaking, writing and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
MODE OF APPLICATION:
HOW TO APPLY FOR Geita Gold mine job vacancies 2022
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the APPLY button below.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 1 – Equipment”
• Candidates may also apply through our jobs email at [email protected] Email subject should also be “Operator 1 – Equipment”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
• Applications should reach the above on or before 21st September 2021 at 5:30 Pm
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! (N.B)
GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.
For more Information just visit Their Website http://www.geitamine.com/