New Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining Ltd [Nafasi za Kazi Geita Gold Mining Ltd]
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is the leading producer of gold in Tanzania with a single operation in the Geita region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, on four continents. The mine is located in the golden fields of Lake Victoria in northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km from the city of Mwanza and 20 km southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company’s head office is located in Geeta, just 5 kilometers west of the fast-growing city of Geeta, and a support office is in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, dynamic and performance driven individuals to fill the vacant position(s) listed below:
Position: Operator 1 – Equipment
Contract type and duration: unlimited time
Section: Processing lab
R Reporting to: Senior Grinding Supervisor
Number of Positions: Nineteen (19)
The purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to operate the processing plant and associated equipment in a safe, productive and efficient manner, to maximize plant performance without affecting the environment or the health and safety of employees. Processing operators will be involved in all aspects of mineral processing, including sampling and sample submission. The cardinal is that the incumbent will work in teams, participating in shift work.
- At least a Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Employees must have sufficient education to read and write instructions, perform simple mathematical calculations, and keep records.
- Possession of a certificate or diploma in mineral processing would be an added advantage if any.
Computer literacy feature will be added
- Previous operating experience in a mineral processing environment, preferably gold an added advantage.
- General background in crushing, grinding and/or processing is preferred.
exposure to the gold mining industry
Principal or Key responsibilities:
- Always act in a manner that strives to enhance the safety culture and performance of GGM and ensures that vital behaviors are always adhered to.
- Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct the hazards.
- Operates, inspects and monitors (regularly sampling and measuring) all processing plant equipment related to crushing, grinding, gravity, filtration and adsorption (CIL), rinsing, regeneration furnace and reagents to achieve the highest possible ore recovery.
- Locate and diagnose, where possible, plant items that require preventive maintenance or repair.
- Removing obstructions in material handling and transportation equipment
- Cleaning, washing and maintenance of auxiliary equipment and systems
- Monitor the operation of factories and equipment and ensure the safety of other workers.
- Ensure production activities achieve maximum effective use of plant and equipment through continuous monitoring.
- Assisted in developing the competencies of other employees
- Report equipment malfunctions immediately to prevent further deterioration.
- Safely isolate processing equipment for planned or unplanned shutdowns
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Fluency in written and spoken English and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
- On the portal you will be asked to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, email, telephone contacts and the names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the above qualifications.
- You will also be required to upload a cover letter/application addressed to “Human Resources Manager, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. The subject should be “Operator 1 – Equipment“
- Candidates can also apply through the jobs email at [email protected] The subject of the email should also be “Player 1 – Equipment“
- You will be asked to provide original certificates if you are called for interviews.
- Internal applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter approved by the Head of Department (HOD) or Director Once Removal (MoR).
- Applications must reach the above on or before September 21, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Beware of Kunmin! GGML does not receive money for a job. If you are asked for money for a job offer or you suspect such activity, please report to the Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28216 01 40 ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistleblowing channels by texting SMS to +27 73573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or email 24cthonesty @et
For more Details and huge Information Just visit https://www.geitamine.com/