Job vacancy at Global Animal Health Tanzania;- (Washington State) | Driver and Field Officer Global Animal Health Tanzania, Apply For a Job Now, This is how to Apply for The Job.
Job vacancy at Global Animal Health Tanzania
Job Title: Driver and Field Officer
Job vacancy at Global Animal Health Tanzania: This position is for a Driver and Field Officer based in Global Animal Health Tanzania (GAHT), Arusha in association with EcoHealth Alliance. The position will support the activities of the Crimea and Congo Haemorrhagic Project (CCHF). The CCHF project aims to investigate the evidence and risk factors for CCHF virus in people, livestock and wildlife in northern Tanzania. Research activities include data collection across the Arusha region and the Serengeti National Park.
Qualifications and Traits
- Tanzanian Class C vehicle license
- A certificate from the Vocational Training and Education Authority (VETA) is required.
- Track log required for safe operation of vehicles
- Obtaining the Advanced Drivers Course Certificate from the National Institute of Transportation (NIT) is an added advantage
- Possession of a Vehicle Maintenance Certificate from NIT or VETA is an added advantage
- Hardworking, reliable and excellent time keeping
- Able to work well as part of a team with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Able to comfortably interact with study participants from different cultural, social and economic backgrounds
- Willingness to be flexible in the job role and assist other field team members in various aspects of fieldwork
- Prepare to participate in the morning and evening homework experience
- Extensive off-road driving experience required
- Knowledge of the geography of Serengeti National Park and Arusha region is required
- Good knowledge of automotive maintenance procedures and mechanical skills (engine diagnosis and servicing, basic DC electricals, proficiency in the use of routine vehicle maintenance equipment such as high winch, wrench, socket set, pipe wrench, puncture repair, body and suspension maintenance and navigation required including map reading GPS skills
- Livestock restraint experience required
- Field work experience in remote areas is preferred
- Experience in health-related research and data collection is preferred
- Experience working in international research teams is preferred
- Maasai verbal fluency
- Proficiency in written and verbal Swahili
- Fluency in written and oral English is preferred
- Work under the supervision of the study coordinator in a field study. This position will involve working remotely throughout the Arusha region and Serengeti National Park, with some travel to the Kilimanjaro region.
- Extended periods with overnight accommodations in lodges in Serengeti National Park will be required. Overnight accommodation in lodgings or camps near the study villages in the Arusha region will be required from Monday to Friday, with possible occasional changes to this mode of work.
- Weekly travel from the study areas to the city of Arusha will be required.
- Travel to and from Moshi will also be required to coordinate with the project staff present at the Institute.
NOTE: Job vacancy at Global Animal Health Tanzania
Duties include but are not limited to the following daily activities:
- Transport the field team safely between study areas
- Storage and transmission of study data, supplies and biological samples between study areas and partner institutions
- Drive responsibly and comply with traffic regulations in Tanzania
- Ensure timely vehicle service and a high level of care and maintenance for project vehicles
- Maintain vehicle maintenance records for the vehicle and record trips in the vehicle log
- Complete small vehicle repairs in the field
- Liaise with the study coordinator and principal investigators regarding the correct authorized use of project vehicles
- Provide transportation to support project logistics (eg provision of equipment/supplies, equipment repair, in-country travel for project members/principal investigators/visitors, transportation of samples, etc.)
- Assist in field research activities that will involve spending long periods of time in remote field conditions
- Describe the study to potential participants and answer questions about the study
- Assist in data collection and transmission as directed by the Study Coordinator and other project team members
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work to be assigned to the position. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
Bonuses and conditions>> Attractive salary
12-month renewable contract; Probation period 3 months
Applications must include all of the following to be considered:
- Location request letter
- Current CV or Curriculum Vitae including postal address, contact phone number(s) and email address
- Three reference letters with the names and phone numbers of the three referees we may contact confidentially
- Copies of certificates and driver’s license
Your application should reach the undersigned as soon as possible but no later than November 2, 2021