Cardiff University : Study at Cardiff University | Services For International Students at Cardiff University | Cardiff University is recognized by independent government assessments.
Cardiff University has been recognized in independent government assessments as one of Britain’s leading teaching and research universities. The university combines superb modern facilities and an exciting approach to teaching with a proud history of recent achievements, and there are approximately 30,000 students, including nearly 10,000 international students, currently enrolled at the Welsh institution.
Cardiff University’s expertise in research and research-led teaching includes the social sciences, engineering, technology and a wide range of business careers. The university is currently ranked 5th in the UK for the quality of its research, while the QS World Rankings place it among the top 160 universities. The School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies has been described as the “Oxbridge of Journalism”.
95% of Cardiff University graduates go on to work or continue studying after graduation, while 78% find a job at the postgraduate level. Cardiff University is also a member of the prestigious Russell Group, one of 24 distinguished research universities in the UK.
SERVICES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AT CARDIFF UNIVERSITY
- The Department of International Development organizes an induction program for international students that includes a pick-up service from Cardiff and Heathrow airports directly to your accommodation.
- The induction program includes five days of events designed to introduce students to life in Cardiff, the university, the city and the surrounding countryside. Tours such as the South Wales Tour are a great way for students to meet new people in a relaxed atmosphere.
- A number of international societies are also present at Cardiff University, with organizations for Asian, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Nigerian, Pakistani, and Thai students.
CLASSIFICATION OF CARDIFF UNIVERSITY
> 35th place in the Times University Guide 2022
>> 38th place in the Guardian University Guide 2022
>> 151 in the QS World University Rankings 2022
>> 189th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
>> 101 to 150 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021
Cardiff University is the only Welsh institution in the top 200 QS world rankings. In the 2014 Research Assessment Exercise, Cardiff University was ranked 5th in the UK for the quality of applications submitted.
Topics/Subjects that performed particularly well include:
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Psychology, psychiatry, and neuroscience
- Communication, culture, media, library and information management studies
- Allied health professions, dentistry, nursing and pharmacy
- Modern languages and linguistics
ACCOMODATION IN CARDIFF UNIVERSITY
A place in one of the 5,100 student rooms is guaranteed for all international first-year undergraduate students who enter during the regular admissions cycle. The vast majority of student residences are en suite study rooms, self-catering apartments, and students.
For those interested in sports, Talybont’s main residence site features a state-of-the-art sports training village and fitness complex that hosted competitors for the 2012 London Olympics.
The Cardiff University campus is about 2 km from the central train and bus station, Cardiff Airport is only 17 km away and London is just over two hours by train. Cardiff is among the fastest growing capitals in Europe, and is very popular with students who are drawn to the cost of living, nightlife, sports facilities and culture.
> Professor Sir Martin Evans FRS – 2007 Nobel Laureate and President of Cardiff University
>> Neil Kinnock – Former leader of the Labor Party and former President of Cardiff University
>> Nathan Cleverly – World Light Heavyweight Champion
>> Martin Lewis – TV and Radio Presenter Appearing on Radio 1 and This Morning
>> Ho Edwards – BBC News presenter and BAFTA Award-winning journalist
>> Mrs. Mary Perkins – Founder of Specsavers
To get More Information about Cardiff University do not hesitate to Visit https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/