My NSFAS Status Check 2022;- In order to access your application status:
- Login on the myNSFAS student portal here
- Enter your username and password, then click SIGN IN!
Click on Track Funding Progress.
Once you have followed these three easy steps, you will be able to see whether you are funded or not. It may take some time for your application to be successful so please be patient.
Understanding what you’re reading when you’re checking your NSFAS application status is of utmost importance. Here’s what your NSFAS application status means.
- Application Submitted: Your application has been loaded on to the NSFAS system successfully.
- Filtering: The system checks if you are a returning student and whether you have any previous qualifications.
- Validation: NSFAS is conducting third party checks with SASSA and the Department of Home Affairs.
- Evaluation: NSFAS is verifying all the documents you have submitted during your application.
- Funding Eligibility: NSFAS is verifying your household financial status that was declared in your application.
- Awaiting Academic Results/Admission: NSFAS is checking your academic results and your institution admission status to ensure that you meet the requirements to be funded by NSFAS. Many find themselves to stay on this step for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Awaiting Registration: NSFAS is receiving data from your institution to enable them to create a bursary agreement. This is another step students find themselves on for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Signing Of Agreement: At this stage, you need to sign your bursary agreement so that NSFAS can disburse your allowances.
- Payments: Your allowances are now being paid either through NSFAS mobile wallet system or through your institution. Students are advised to continue to monitor the myNSFAS portal for updates.
If you have applied for an NSFAS scholarship, you may have asked yourself: How will I know if NSFAS has approved my application and will fund my studies?.
You have submitted your NSFAS application for an NSFAS scholarship and now you are wondering how you will know if NSFAS has approved your application.
NSFAS will inform you of its decision before the start of the academic year and this will be done through SMS and email as well as your myNSFAS account.
If you would like to know if your online NSFAS application has been accepted, you can check the status of your NSFAS application at myNSFAS.
Once you are approved for NSFAS funding, the funding will cover you until you have completed your qualifications. But that depends on whether you will continue to meet the academic standards. You just need to focus on studying and passing your credits to secure your continued funding.
It is important to remember that you need to apply or study at a public university or TVET college to qualify for financial aid. Students who intend to study at private institutions will not be assisted by NSFAS.
NSFAS says, “NSFAS has helped millions of South Africans access higher education and unlock their potential, and you too can be a part of the millions. Apply for NSFAS funding and let us take care of all your financial stress while you focus on your studies like your peers.”
NSFAS provides funding to college students as well as Technical and Vocational Education and Training College students in the form of a scholarship. Obtaining funding from NSFAS not only covers your tuition fees, it will also get you funding for other needs you have as a student.
Also visit https://www.careersportal.co.za