MyNsfas Status Check 2022: How to Log into your NSFAS Account 2022;- NSFAS is the National Student Financial Aid Scheme which is a government bursary fund for students through the NSFAS funding. NSFAS application and registration opens in the later part of the year for students with the NSFAS closing date usually being in the next calendar year.
MyNsfas Status Check 2022: How to Log into your NSFAS Account 2022
MyNsfas is the portal for Nsfas applicants to log in and access and manage important info regarding the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
Students or NSFAS applicants are strongly encouraged to create their MyNSFAS accounts. The process is as follows:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A One Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
Your email address is your username. Protect your username and password.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
Your cellphone number or email address must be uniquely yours and cannot be shared.
If you are one of the NSFAS 2022 applicants whose application was unsuccessful and you have submitted an appeal, you may check your application results (NSFAS Status) by logging into your myNSFAS account.
How to re-register your myNSFAS account 2022
To access your funding progress through your NSFAS login account, you are required to register or re-register a myNSFAS account.
- Navigate to www.nsfas.org.za login.
- Click myNSFAS tab.
- Click register.
- Tick the box to allow NSFAS to verify your details.
- Then capture the ID number as stated on your ID document.
- Type in your full names and surname as per your ID number.
- Type in your current email address.
- Confirm your email address.
- Type in your cellphone number.
- Create a password.
- Confirm password.
- Upload ID Copy.
- Click register.
- You will be sent an OTP to the email and cell number provided (this OTP expires after 24 hours).
- Type in the OTP and click Submit.
- You have now completed your NSFAS account re-registration.
How to check your NSFAS status 2022
When you apply for funding with the NSFAS, you can usually expect a response a few days after the application closing date, which is Friday, 21 January 2023.
If you’ve been waiting anxiously to find out whether you have been accepted into the scheme or not, here’s a simple guide on how to check your National Student Financial Aid Scheme application status.
To check your NSFAS application status:
- Log into your myNSFAS account portal.
- Enter your ID or username and password.
- Click the SIGN IN! button.
- Once you log into your account dashboard, click on Track Funding Progress to check your application status.
- If your application has been successful, Congrats! If not, better luck next time.
If your NSFAS application status outcome reads “unsuccessful”, you can submit an appeal application with the required information and document. Submit your appeal within 30 days after the appearance of the “unsuccessful” status on your NSFAS portal dashboard.
How to reset your MyNsfas account password
Already have an account but forgot your MyNsfas account password?
Don’t panic, simply reset your Nsfas login password by:
- Clicking on the “Forgot your password” tab and enter your ID number
- Choose whether you have forgotten your username and password and click “Submit“
- You will receive an OTP via email and SMS
- Type in the OTP you received and click “Submit“
- You will then be required to create a new password.
Did you know that if your myNSFAS portal account is locked or blocked, you need to reset your myNSFAS login details by clicking on the “Forgot your password” link and following the steps provided?
If you have forgotten your MyNSFAS login details and do not have access to the email address or cell phone number on the Nsfas system, you’re required to submit a certified affidavit requesting that your email and cell phone number be updated with the old and new details reflecting [email protected]
NSFAS will release funding decisions for all applicants from February 2022. NSFAS payment dates 2022 and funding decisions will be communicated to applicants via the myNSFAS portal. Make sure you create or have access to your account to check your NSFAS wallet.
You can also watch the video below to learn how to reset your NSFAS password.
NSFAS contact details
If you’re facing any challenges concerning your myNSFAS login account or want self-service help, don’t hesitate to contact the NSFAS bursary scheme via the following;
- Call number: 0860 067 327.
- Toll-free: 0800 203 900.
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @myNFSAS.
- SMS: 30916.
- Postal Address: University and TVET College documents Private Bag X4, Plumstead 7801, South Africa.
- Physical Address: 10 Brodie Road, House Vincent 2nd Floor, Wynberg, Cape Town 7700.
- NSFAS self service link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/mynsfas/selfservice.html.
NSFAS has no Whatsapp number to connect to. NSFAS Chat or customer service will however be available to you from Monday to Friday, from 08:30 to 17:00.
Kindly note that applications for NSFAS funding for the 2022 academic year are currently open. The 2022 application is open from Tuesday, 2 November 2021 to Friday, 7 January 2022 but applications has been extended to Friday, January 21, 2023.
Applications have also been extended to Grade 9 to 12 learners, as well as out-of-school youths, who wish to further their studies at any technical and vocational education and training, TVET colleges in South Africa for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Read also Sassa 350 grant payment updates