Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Abroad Program Application 2023-2024 Now Open;- Here’s you will get all information about kennedy lugar youth exchange and study program 2023-24, kennedy lugar youth exchange and study program 2022-23, yes program 2022, k-l yes program 2023, kl yes program 2022, yes program application, yes program online registration, k-l yes program application form.
Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Abroad Program Application 2023-2024 Now Open
The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Abroad program application for 2023-2024 is now open! The world is out there. Take the first step by applying
Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Abroad Program Application 2023-2024 Basic Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must be in grades 9-12 (high school, including home school) at the time of application.
- You must meet age and GPA requirements specific to the program.
- Must be born between December 30, 2004 – June 30, 2008.
- The YES Abroad program welcomes applications from all U.S. citizens regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, geographic location, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Applicants of all grade-point averages and academic performance are encouraged to apply.
For additional eligibility information, please see “Additional Eligibility Information” below.
Additional Eligibility Information
The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) offers many opportunities for American youth to participate in international exchanges. ECA seeks to represent the diversity of America in these youth exchange programs and to make sure the selection process is fair and transparent.
Strong selection preference is given to those who have not previously participated in one of the exchange programs listed below or lived abroad for six months or more during the past five years.
This eligibility policy applies to the following programs, which take place outside the United States:
• Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) Outbound
• Future Leaders Exchange Abroad Program (FLEX Abroad)
• Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Abroad (YES Abroad)
• National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y)
• Youth Leadership Programs (participants who travel overseas only)
• Youth Ambassadors Program
Current or Previous Participant in ECA Exchanges
U.S. citizens who are current or past participants in any of the above mentioned programs are not eligible to participate if:
- The two programs take place in the same calendar year.
- The individual is currently participating, or has already participated, in an academic year program.
Current or past participants in a short-duration program of eight (8) weeks or less are not eligible for another short-duration program but are eligible for an academic year program.
The restrictions above apply only to in-person programs taking place outside the United States. Participation in a virtual program does not make the applicant ineligible for programs of any length.
An individual may not participate in more than two of the above-listed programs, unless one of the programs was completely virtual.
Family Members of Department Employees
For a period ending one year following the termination of such employment, association, or service:
- Employees of the U.S. Department of State/U.S. Agency for International Development are ineligible. This provision includes all employees, paid or unpaid (including part-time or temporary employees, consultants, externs, interns, fellows and personal services contractors).
- Immediate family members (e.g., dependent children) of employees of the U.S. Department of State/U.S. Agency for International Development are ineligible. This provision includes all employees, paid or unpaid (including part-time or temporary employees, consultants, externs, interns, fellows and personal services contractors). Self-supporting children who live apart from their parents are qualified to participate.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of private and public agencies under contract or grant with the U.S. Department of State who perform services on behalf of U.S. Department of State exchange programs are ineligible.
HOW TO APPLY – Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Abroad Program Application 2023-2024.
visit also Top Scholarships For Undergraduate Students
The 2023-2024 application is now available. The submission deadline is December 7, 2022 at 4pm ET. Click here to start a 2023-2024 program application or to access an application already in progress.
View the current 2023-2024 application HERE.
Interested but not quite ready to start the application? Sign up to receive application updates here.